Effective date: August 23, 2021
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
As further described below, we collect several types of information from and about you that broadly falls into the following categories:
1. Information you voluntarily provide to us:
- When filling out forms on our website (including without limitation, name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number).
- When you post material to our website, participate in bulletin boards, chat rooms, blogs, comment threads, forums, or other interactive features of our website, register, or request further information or services from us.
- When you register to use a demo of our Service.
- When you enter a contest or promotion we sponsor.
- When you report a problem with our website.
- When you contact us.
- When you complete our surveys.
- When you register for or attend an event, such as a webinar.
- Other information you may submit to us related to your use of our website or attendance to an event, including without limitation, billing information.
2. Information from third parties. From time to time, we may collect and use information we receive about you from third parties in connection with your use of the website or attendance to an event. For instance, we may receive information about you from our business partners related to your registration information for events. We also use third parties for reporting and analytics to measure the effectiveness of our website and marketing efforts, and to identify areas for improvement.
We may combine information we collect from third parties with information you provide us to update, expand or provide you with tailored information regarding our products, services, and events.
3. Information we collect as you navigate through the website. As you navigate through the website, we may also automatically collect details about your visits website, including your IP address, usage patterns, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your operating system and browser type.
We may use information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To operate, maintain and improve website.
- To register you for events you sign up for with us and populate profiles for you in our records.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including without limitation, our website Terms of Service.
- To notify you about changes to our website or obtain any required consent.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so.
- For industry analysis, benchmarking, analytics, marketing, and other business purposes.
- To track your browsing behavior, such as the pages you visited over time, for analytics and advertising purposes.
- To communicate with you about events.
- To contact you for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences (for example, we may use your information to contact you to further discuss your interests in our services and products or other events).
If you ask us to contact you about goods and services, we may use your personal information or permit selected third parties to use your personal information to contact you about such goods and services. You can withdraw consent at a later time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located in the emails we send you. For more information, see below.
Additional information about our privacy practices with respect to our collection and use of information from events may be found in additional privacy statements on the registration sites for events hosted by us.
We do not rent or sell your personal information in personally identifiable form to anyone, except as expressly provided below. We may share your personal information with third parties as described in this section:
Information that's been de-identified. We may de-identify your personal information so that you are not identified as an individual and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners (or allow partners to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. However, we never disclose aggregate usage or de-identified information to a partner (or allow a partner to collect such information) in a manner that would identify you as an individual person.
Affiliated Businesses: In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we're affiliated with may sell or provide products or services to you through or in connection with the Services (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your personal information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business' or websites' policies.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you; for example, we may work with third party vendors who provide us with analytics or data enrichment services to assist us in our marketing efforts and to help us improve our products and services. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. Note that an "agent" may also be considered a "partner" in certain circumstances and would be subject to the terms of the "Information that's been de-identified" section in that regard.
User Profiles and Submissions: Certain user profile information, including your name, username and contact information, may be displayed to other users to facilitate interactions with other users on your team via the Services or address your request for our Services. Your username may also be displayed to other users if and when you send messages or comments through the Services and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, personal information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Protection of Lightstep and Others: We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our agreements with you governing your use of the Services; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Lightstep, our employees, our users, or others.
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Lightstep maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information obtained through the website and in connection with events from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, and access. Lightstep personnel and service providers with access to personal information collected through our websites or from event attendees are required to keep such information confidential and secure.
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you've provided to us:
- name and username
- email address
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at email@example.com. Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. You may request deletion of your account by contacting us at email@example.com. Some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.