Introducing LightStep Tracing
The easiest way for teams to adopt best-of-breed distributed tracing
Focus on insights, not individual traces
LightStep Tracing is far more than a trace viewer. It selects and aggregates traces to explain the symptoms that matter the most to you.
- Build dynamic system diagrams around any service or tag
- Share Snapshots that aggregate and summarize thousands of related traces
- Go beyond p99 using real-time histograms
Drill down with unlimited cardinality, no lag, and no sampling
LightStep Tracing absorbs 100% of your tracing data and indexes it immediately, with no caveats about the number of tag values.
- No upfront sampling
- Isolate individual users, releases, experiments, and more
- Pure SaaS: no heavy agents or daemons
Tie mobile experiences to backend behavior with unbroken traces
LightStep Tracing works with 11 languages and all major operating systems, cloud providers, service meshes, and serverless frameworks.
- True end-to-end traces, no matter the device or platform
- Correlate end-user performance with the behavior of microservices and serverless functions
- Monoliths, too: connect the new to the old and accelerate your platform migration
Your tracing investment is just that: yours
LightStep Tracing integrates easily with hundreds of projects that already support OpenTracing, and is an ideal development environment for any custom instrumentation you choose to add.
- All LightStep Tracing instrumentation is “portable by design” – switch to another OpenTracing-compatible tool at any point
- Support for other tracing data and API standards, including w3c trace-context
- Debug instrumentation interactively, in real time
- Share in-progress work with teammates via Snapshots
"In comparison to the other solutions we tried, LightStep was easy to deploy and manage.”
VP of Engineering, Yext
Get Started with LightStep Tracing