View an Incident Response incident
View all incidents in the system.
Before you begin
Role required: Responder, Manager, Administrator, or Stakeholder
- Log in to Incident Response.
On the left navigation pane, click Incidents.
Note: Initially, the incidents page is empty, until you ingest incidents from a third-party integration. See Integrations in Incident Response for more information on setup and ingestion.
View your incidents list.
Search incidents using the Search text box.Arrange the incident list view by:
You can filter the listings using the Filters menu in the header.Note: Filters for the same fields evaluate as AND, filters for different fields evaluate as OR. For example, if you filter for Priority and State is Open, the filter evaluates as P1-Critical OR P2-High OR P3-Moderate AND State Open .
- Priority (asc)
- Priority (desc)
- Elapsed Time (asc) - Default
- Elapsed Time (desc)
- Number (asc)
- Number (desc)
- Recent Open (default)
If you click Incidents in the left navigation, it defaults to all Open incidents. If you use the back arrow button in your browser, the filter choices are retained.
Create an incident.
See Manually create an Incident Response incident for more information.
Click the information icon to the left of an incident for a preview.
The fly-out screen contains the incident header including tags, Details, and Activity areas of the incident. See Incident workspace for more information on those fields.More actions, lets you:
- Move the state of the incident.
- Re-assign the incident.
- Assign a team to the incident.
- Open the full incident form.
You can edit the Service or Priority fields in the flyout screen and Save.
Click an incident or use Show full details from the flyout screen for the
The incident form contains not only the information related to the incident but options to search for further information and take actions. See the following example of an open incident.
From the header of every incident, the More actions menu lets you Assign or Re-assign, or Re-assign team.Once the incident is assigned to you and you can:
Note: Once you edit a field, the Save button becomes active so you can save the changes.
- Advance the state from Work in Progress to
See Incident Response incident states for more information on each of the actions listed.
- Add or edit a Service.
- Edit Priority.
- Review the Related alerts.
See Incident workspace for more information on these fields.
- Advance the state from Work in Progress to Resolve to Close.
View the Compose panel to add comments or work
Use the stack icon to reformat the panel to a stacked view.
View the Incident timeline panel activity stream.
The timeline shows system activity since the incident was created and all work notes.
You can filter, sort, or expand and collapse posts using the icons in the header.
- Add or view attachments using the icon in the upper right of the Attachments panel. This icon opens or hides the column.
View the Collaboration panel using the collaboration
icon . This icon opens or hides the column.
- Start or join an available Zoom meeting.
- Start or join an available Slack channel.
- Add responders or stakeholders to the incident.
See Incident workspace for more information on each of the actions listed.
- Use the icons at the bottom of the screen to display: the incident form in full screen, the incident form and activity area, or the activity area in full screen.