Configure the webhook in Sumo Logic
Configure webhook endpoints so that Sumo Logic can use the endpoint to communicate with Incident Response.
Before you begin
Role required: Responder, Manager, or Administrator
About this task
- Log in to your Sumo Logic application console.
- Navigate to .
Select the Connections tab.
- Click the Add button ( ) to add a new connection.
- Select Webhook.
In the Create Webhook Connection page, fill the fields.
Field Description Name Name for the webhook integration. Description Description for the webhook integration. URL Webhook URL copied from Incident Response. Authorization Header This field should be left empty. Custom Headers This field should be left empty. Payload Payload copied from Incident Response.
To test the webhook connection between Sumo Logic and Lightstep Incident Response, click Test
This sends a sample alert to Incident Response.
- Click Save.
What to do next
By adding the webhook to your monitors
When creating the monitors for which you want to send alerts to Lightstep Incident Response, in the Notifications field, add the webhook you created.
For detailed information about monitors in Sumo Logic, see Monitors
By using a saved log search
- Create a search that you would be reusing. For steps to save a search, see Save a Search.
- Schedule the search to run regularly. For steps to schedule, see
Schedule Searches for Webhook
- While scheduling, from the Alert Type list, select Webhook.
- From the Connection list, select the webhook you created for the integration.