Share incidents from enterprise ServiceNow instance
Share incidents from your ServiceNow instance with a connected Incident Response instance. This creates a connected incident that can be delegated to a team in Incident Response.
Before you begin
Role required: Any role that enables editing of the incident record in the ServiceNow instance.
- Log in to the ServiceNow instance.
Select the incident that you want to share with Incident Response.
- If the configuration item is defined in the incident and is a correlated service, then the incident is assigned to that service.
- If the configuration item is defined in the incident but is not a
correlated service, then the incident is assigned to the default
service that is specified while establishing the connection. The
details are recorded in the incident worknotes.Note: Once the integration is set up, the default service for that integration cannot be changed.
- If the configuration item is not defined in the incident, then the incident is assigned to the default service which is specified when establishing the connection. The details are recorded in the incident worknotes.
The incident is assigned to the team associated with the service in Incident Response.
The user in the Assigned to field in the incident is disregarded in Incident Response. Incident is assigned to the right user depending on the team on-call schedule and escalation policies. The assigned to name passed in the incident is recorded in the incident worknotes.
From the form context menu, select Share with Lightstep Team
Select the Incident Response tenant with which you want to
share the incident in the Application tenant field.
- To assign a user to this incident in Incident Response, select a correlated user from the Assigned to list.
- Click Share.
A copy of the incident is created in Incident Response. You can see the enterprise incident record number in the incident. Changes between the two instances are synchronized.
What to do next
- Select the incident that you want to stop sharing.
- From the form context menu, select Stop share with Lightstep Team App.
- Click Stop share.
For more information about sharing incidents from your ServiceNow instance to Incident Response, see Share incident with Lightstep Incident Response.
You can create delegation rules to automatically send incidents from the enterprise ServiceNow instance to Lightstep Incident Response. For more information, see Configure rules for automatic delegation