Lightstep Incident Response August 11, 2022 release notes
The Lightstep Incident Response application provides reliable notifications, on-call scheduling, automatic escalations, and other functionalities.
Incident Response highlights for this release
To find solutions to common problems, or get help from a support agent, see Access Support.
New in this release
- Error messages added to the Authorize and Reauthorize screens for Slack and Zoom
- During authorization if any errors were found, they are shown on the page.
- API key management
- Create an API key to identify and authenticate your Incident Response account.
- Import analytics dashboard to Grafana
- You can now import the Incident Response analytics dashboard to Grafana. Use Grafana to view the analytics data and create custom visualizations depending on your requirements.
- Uptime.com integration
- Integrate Uptime.com with Incident Response. Handle Uptime.com alerts by ensuring that the right people are working on the alerts.
Changed in this release
- Filters saved on alert and incident list views
- When you change a list view filter on the alerts or incidents view pages, Incident Response remembers your settings automatically.
Removed in this release
- Removed Comments from incidents. Notify Stakeholders using the Generate new update button in the Stakeholder tab in the Collaboration panel.
Previous release notes
View previous release notes here.