Lightstep Incident Response July 28, 2022 release notes
The Lightstep Incident Response application provides reliable notifications, on-call scheduling, automatic escalations, and other functionalities.
Incident Response highlights for this release
To find solutions to common problems, or get help from a support agent, see Access Support.
New in this release
- Filter builder added to the Filters list menu in the alert and incident headers
- Filter builder provides custom filtering for your alerts and incidents list views. See Search for an alert using Filter Builder or Search for an incident using Filter Builder for details.
- SSO passwordless authentication configuration
- Password-based authentication is enabled by default. Disabling it lets your IdP choose an appropriate authentication method such as MFA or Security key.
- Escalation policy UI enhancements
- Use the Enable reminders toggle switch and the Number of reminders choice list to select the number of reminders that you want to receive for escalation notifications.
- Export team's on-call schedules to your calendar
- Export and integrate your team's on-call schedules with calendar application such as Google Calendar or Microsoft Outlook. The calendar is useful for anyone who needs to know when your team is on-call for any specific service.
- Stakeholder incident update email
- You can now send your stakeholders an update email on an incident Stakeholder tab in the Collaboration panel to keep them informed.
- On call Cookbook and Quick Start Guide
- For team setup, on every screen you can now click the "?" icon () that appears next to the page heading and access the Cookbook designed to provide a brief understanding of the activities you can perform on that page. Within the Cookbook, you have a link to download the Quick Start Guide that provides condensed instructions on how to use the on-call feature.
- Azure Service Secure Health integration
- Integrate Azure Service Health with Incident Response to get notification on Azure Service Health incidents so you can take action to mitigate downtime.
- Uptrends integration
- Integrate Uptrends with Incident Response to monitor your servers and websites, including the behavior and performance of your web apps.
- Signoz integration
- Integrate Signoz with Incident Response to monitor your applications and troubleshoot problems.
- Rollbar integration
- Integrate Rollbar with Incident Response to alert your team in a timely manner and fix problems before they become emergencies.
- vRealize Operations (vROps) integration
- Integrate vRealize Operations with Incident Response to receive enriched event data from vRealize Operations including symptoms, properties/metrics of the impacted object and related objects and recommendations for actionable resolution.
- Graylog integration
- Integrate Graylog with Incident Response. Handle Graylog alerts by ensuring that the right people are working on the alerts.
- Honeybadger integration
- Integrate Honeybadger with Incident Response. Handle Honeybadger alerts by ensuring that the right people are working on the alerts.
- Honeycomb integration
- Integrate Honeycomb with Incident Response. Handle Honeycomb alerts by ensuring that the right people are working on the alerts.
Changed in this release
- Renamed Google Monitor as Google Cloud Operations Suite
- Google monitor is renamed as Google Cloud Operations Suite.
- On-call schedule shift enhancements
- Create a single 24-hours shift that spans across many days instead of multiple shifts for each day.
- Email integration
- The email integration grouping logic has been improved for grouping of alerts when the Create Unique Alert toggle switch is turned OFF.
Previous release notes
View previous release notes here.