Lightstep Incident Response January 18, 2022 release notes
The Lightstep Incident Response application provides reliable notifications, on-call scheduling, automatic escalations, and other functionalities.
Incident Response highlights for this release
To find solutions to common problems, or get help from a support agent, see Access Support.
New in this release
- Onboarding guide
- The Onboarding Guide lists the tasks you can complete to get started with Incident Response. The Onboarding Guide is available from the homepage at login or from the Resource Center.
- Notification preferences enhancement
- Users can now enable notification preference for their upcoming shifts. Users will receive the shift reminders in their emails approximately one to two hours before start of any shift. The On-call notifications preference and the On-call shift start reminders subcategory has been added to the list of notifications.
- An administrator can now view notification settings of any other user. Earlier, only a user could view their own notification settings.
- On-call calendar with customized weekly rotations
- For weekly rotation, users can now enter the number of weeks for which you want to rotate the members. Earlier, they could only have daily or weekly rotation.
- Re-invite user
- Send an invitation again to a user who was previously invited but has not yet signed up to Incident Response.
- View alerts and incidents within a service
- New tabs are added and they display the following:
- Deactivated: Displays all the deactivated services.
- Alerts and incidents: Displays the alerts and incidents associated with a service.
- Mobile enhancements
- Users can easily retrieve their subdomain details using email id. Earlier, users had to get the subdomain address from desktop.
- Time off and coverage functionalities are added to mobile.
- Account management
- Manage all your account related details from the Account management page. You can:
- Change your subscription plan
- Add billing address
- Change the billing owner
- Add or change payment details
- Subscribe to one of our available plans depending on your organization's needs. For more information about the pricing and details of each plan, see Pricing.
- Postman integration
- Integrate your Postman monitors with Incident Response. Receive alerts if the monitors fail, and handle them by ensuring that the right people are working on the problems.
- LogicMonitor integration
- Integrate LogicMonitor with Incident Response. Handle LogicMonitor alerts by ensuring that the right people are working on the problems.
Changed in this release
- Escalation policy enhancements
- During team creation, the escalation policy UI displayed the Continue to services button. It has now been changed to Next.
- An escalation policy will no longer display the name of a stakeholder in the Specific user list. Earlier, the list displayed users with any role.
- Alert and Incident changes
- Closing multiple alerts from a list view auto acknowledges any unacknowledged alerts. The acknowledgment is assigned to the closing user before closing the records.
- The assigned-to field is cleared when the Assigned-team or Service fields is updated on alerts and incidents. Escalation policies for the newly assigned teams run. The field remains cleared until a user on the new team acknowledges an escalation notification.
Previous release notes
View previous release notes here.