Remove a user
Remove a user profile who left your organization and no longer needs access to your Incident Response services.
Before you begin
Role required: Administrator
About this task
You’re prevented from removing a user if the user is in the following situations:
- is a part of any team
- is the service owner of any service
- is a part of any escalation level or response rule
- has any alerts assigned to them or they are in the responder list for any alert
- has any incidents assigned to them or they are in the responder list for any incident
- Log in to Incident Response.
On the navigation pane, click Users.
On the content area, click the user card of the user whose information you want
You are directed to the profile page of the user.
Click the Settings tab.
In the Other settings section, click Edit.
Note: To remove a user, first you must deactivate the user.
To deactivate a user, disable the Active field using the
slider control ( ).
Note: Purple indicates that the field is enabled.Note: In this case, the user is associated with multiple teams. You must manually remove the user from all the teams.
- Click each team name and manually remove the user from the associated team.
The user is deactivated and the Remove user button appears.
- Click Remove user.
On the confirmation dialog box, click Confirm.
The user is removed from the user list.Note: You cannot permanently remove users. The system preserves all historical activity and records of the user.