Delete a user
Delete a user profile who left your organization and no longer needs access to your Incident Response services.
Before you begin
Role required: Administrator
About this task
- is a part of any team
- is the service owner of any service
- is a part of any escalation level or response rule
- has any alerts assigned to them or they are in the responder list for any alert
- has any incidents assigned to them or they are in the responder list for any incident
- Log in to Lightstep Incident Response.
On the navigation pane, select Users.
On the content area, click the user card of the user whose information you want
You are directed to the profile page of the user.
Click the Settings tab.
In the Other settings section, click Edit.
Note: To delete a user, first you must deactivate the user.
To deactivate a user, disable the Active field using the
slider control ( ).
Note: Purple indicates that the field is enabled.Note: In this case, the user is associated with multiple teams. You must manually delete the user from all the teams.
- Click each team name and manually delete the user from the associated team.
The user is deactivated and the Delete user button appears.
- Click Delete user.
On the confirmation dialog box, click Confirm.
The user is deleted from the user list.Note: You cannot permanently delete users. The system preserves all historical activity and records of the user.
When you delete an existing user from the system and then re-invite the user again, the user first needs to reset the password using the link provided in the welcome email.