Escalate incidents to Jira
Escalate incidents from Incident Response to Jira.
Before you begin
Role required: Responder, Manager, or Administrator
You must enable Escalate incidents to Jira option while setting up the Jira integration. See Configure escalation of incidents to Jira.
You must add the Priority field to the issue types that you want to use in your Jira project.
- Navigate to your project in Jira.
- From your project's sidebar, select .
- Select an issue type that you want to use in Incident Response.
- Select Priority from the PREVIOUSLY-CREATED FIELDS list.
- Click Save changes.
- Log in to Lightstep Incident Response.
- Navigate to Incidents and select the incident that you want to escalate to Jira.
Click the More options icon () and then select Escalate to Jira.
In the Escalate to Jira dialog box:
- From the Jira Project list, select the project in Jira under which you want to create the issue.
- From the Issue Type list, select the type of
issue that you want the incident to be escalated as.Note: The issue type Subtask is not supported in Incident Response.
- Click Escalate to Jira.Note: An incident can be escalated to Jira only once.
- Short description
- Work notes