Instance Observer integration with Incident Response
ServiceNow Instance Observer is a tool offered to ServiceNow customers to manage all the instances that they have. Lightstep Incident Response is the incident response solution for alerting the customer if there are any issues with their ServiceNow instance.
Before you begin
Role required: Administrator
- Log in to ServiceNow Instance Observer.
- Navigate to the Alerts tab.
Click Configure Lightstep Incident Response.
In the Configure Lightstep Incident Response page, create the subdomain
for your LIR application.
- In the Subdomain Name field, enter the name you want for your LIR subdomain.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Click Configure.
- A webhook URL is created for Instance Observer and the integration is
configured in LIR. Instance
Observer uses this webhook URL to send alerts to LIR.
- The user configuring LIR in
Instance Observer is automatically added as a user in LIR.
If a new user logs in to Instance Observer for the same customer account, the user gets an invitation to join the LIR instance as well.
- A default team is created with the team name <subdomain> default team. The user is added to this team, and an on-call schedule is created.
- Each instance in Instance Observer is represented by a different service in
LIR. These services are
assigned to the default team created. If new instances are added, new
services will be created for them.Note: The services created in LIR for Instance Observer are not billed. However, if you use the LIR instance for other incident response activities, then you will fall under the licensing agreement of LIR, and will be billed based on the usage.
- Single Sign-on is enabled for the user.