The incident workspace contains various panels containing incident details and possible actions.
|Service||Services in your infrastructure associated with the incident. You can edit this
field from a list menu.
Note: When you set a service, and that service has an assigned team, the assigned team of that service is automatically assigned to the incident.
|Priority||Imported priority on the incident. Values P1–P5.|
|Assigned team||Team the assignee belongs to. You can edit this field.|
|State||Incident state. See Incident states for more information.|
|Assigned to||Individual the incident has been assigned to. You can edit this field.|
|Source||Source of the incident.|
|Supporting teams||Team selected to support the incident. Once a team is selected, the current, primary on-call responder for that team is added to the Responder list in the Collaboration panel. You can edit this field and select multiple teams.|
When a Service is deleted, its integrations, alerts, incidents, and automation rules are removed. This is not a recoverable action so consider deactivating the service instead.
Related Alerts tab
This tab contains any alerts associated with this incident.
|Number & Description||Related alert identifier and short description.|
|Service||Service associated with the related alert.|
|Priority||Priority group for the related alert.|
|State||Status of the related alert.|
|Ack||States whether the related alert has been acknowledged or not.|
|Team||Team assigned to the related alert.|
|Assigned to||Responder the related alert is assigned to.|
|Source||Source of the related alert, if known.|
A postmortem helps you develop a culture of improvement, where you identify what happened, how it happened, and action items to prevent it from happening again.
- If a Scribe has already been chosen in the Collaboration panel Responders list, they are automatically made the owner.
- If there is more than one scribe then the first one assigned is chosen. Otherwise, you can select an owner from the list menu.
- If a new scribe is added or an existing user persona is changed to Scribe, that user is made the owner.
- If you manually remove an owner, no new owner is automatically selected.
Each section of the postmortem can be edited, excluded from a PDF, deleted, or reordered using drag-and-drop.
You can add new sections using the add icon .
For more detailed information on editing postmortems, see View or edit an incident postmortem.
Work notes: Add and post Work notes to the Incident timeline activity stream. Visible to responders and above. Notifications are sent for all updates based on user notification preferences. Notify stakeholders using the Generate new update button in the Stakeholders tab in the Collaboration panel.
The Attachments panel is hidden until you select the attachment icon.
On the Attachments panel, you can initially Browse your local hard drive for files.
- Search for an attachment based on its name or extensionNote: You must have two or more attachments to search.
- Upload a new attachment using the () icon
- Download an existing attachment using the More actions icon () to the right of the attachment.
- Remove an existing attachment using the More actions icon to the right of the attachment.
- Rename an existing attachment using the More actions icon to the right of the attachment.
Displays available Zoom meeting or Microsoft Teams or Slack channels to start or join.
- Select Start Zoom.
- A meeting pop-up appears.
- Add participants.
- Select Create Meeting.
- The meeting is created, invitations are sent, and you join the meeting.Note: Any issues found when starting a meeting are shown in a banner message.
- Select Join Meeting
- Sign in to your Zoom account.
- You join the Zoom meeting.
- Select Start Channel.
- Sign in to your Microsoft Teams account.
- Select Create. You are redirected to the Microsoft Teams application.
- Back in the Collaboration column, the Join Channel button
is activated.Note: Any issues found when joining a channel are shown in a banner message.
- Select Join Channel in the Collaboration panel in Lightstep Incident Response.
- Sign into your Microsoft Teams account.
You are taken to the channel in Microsoft Teams.
- Select Start Slack.
- Add participants in the Create a Slack channel pop-up.
- Select Create. You are redirected to the Slack application.
- Back in the Collaboration column, the Join Slack button
is activated.Note: Any issues found when starting a channel are shown in a banner message.
- Select Join Channel in the Slack application window.
- Sign into you Slack account.
You are taken to the Slack channel.
Add responders from the list menu and select the .
To assign Responders to incident personas, add a responder and select the role from the list menu. For more detailed information on incident roles, see Incident personas.
Responders are notified based on their notification preferences.
Add stakeholders from the list menu and select the . Besides Stakeholder users, you can add others, for example other Managers on your account, as well as external emails.
Incident stakeholders or external emails defined on the Service are automatically added to incidents affecting that service. They are notified by email or their email preferences, if they exist in the system.
Helpful links are defined in the affected service for this record. See Create a service for detailed information on adding links.