Import the analytics dashboard into Grafana
You can view the alert and incident analytics from Lightstep Incident Response directly in Grafana by importing or creating a dashboard in Grafana.
Before you begin
Role required: Responder, Manager, or Administrator
About this task
- For the plugin, clone the lightstep-ir-grafana-metrics repository from https://github.com/ServiceNow/lightstep-ir-grafana-metrics.
After cloning, you must:
- Move the plugin to Grafana's default plugin directory /usr/local/var/lib/grafana/plugins.
- Add the plugin ID lightstep-ir-grafana-metrics to
the list of unsigned plugins in the Grafana.ini
file found under
- Restart Grafana.
- Log in to Grafana.
- Navigate to .
- Click Add data source.
Search for and select the Lightstep Incident Response
In the form, fill in the fields:
Field Description Host Your Lightstep Incident Response application URL. For example,
API key API key generated in Incident Response.To generate an API key, see Create API keys.Important: After generating a key, you must copy and save it somewhere. The key will not be visible again after you leave the page.
- Click Save & Test.
In the Explore page, click Run query to fetch the data.
The data source receives real-time data from Incident Response. This data is used in the dashboard widgets.
Import the dashboards available in Incident Response:
- Navigate to .
- Click Upload JSON file.
- Select the file Lightstep grafana analytics
dashboard.json from the lightstep-ir-grafana-metrics
repository that you cloned.
Path: /lightstep-ir-grafana-metrics/template/Lightstep grafana analytics dashboard.json
- Click Import.
The Lightstep Incident Response analytics dashboard becomes available in Grafana.
What to do next
- Create a dashboard and add a panel. For detailed instructions, see Create a dashboard and add a panel.
- In the panel, select the data source as Lightstep Incident Response Metrics.
- In the Metric Name field, enter the metric name for
the widget you need. The following are available from Incident Response:
- Source - Alerts per week (Last 90 days): alerts_by_source_per_week
- Service - Alerts per week (Last 90 days): alerts_by_service_per_week
- Service - Incidents per week (Last 90 days): incidents_by_service_per_week
- Alerts - Service and Priority (Last 30 days): alerts_by_service_and_priority
- Alerts - Team and Assignee (Last 30 days): alerts_by_team_and_assignee
- Incidents - Team and Assignee (Last 30 days): incidents_by_team_and_assignee
- Make the required customizations, and then save the panel and the dashboard.
If you want to deploy the Lightstep Incident Response Grafana plugin in the Kubernetes environment, see Grafana Kubernetes deployment.