Configure metric-based alert policy
Use the Google Cloud console to create an alerting policy that monitors a metric. For example, an alerting policy that monitors the CPU utilization of a virtual machine (VM) might notify an on-call team when the policy is triggered.
Before you begin
Role required: Responder, Manager, or Administrator
- Log in to the Google Cloud console.
On the navigation pane, click
Click + CREATE POLICY.
Configure the policy as required and click NEXT.
In the ALERT DETAILS section, under Notifications and name, perform the
- Select the notification channel that you have already created in Configure a webhook in Google Cloud Operations Suite and click OK.
- Select the Notify on incident closure check box.
- Under the Policy user labels section, click + ADD LABEL.
- In the Key field, enter severity.
- In the key value field, enter the severity value such as critical,
major, minor, warning, or info.Note: If you do not add any severity label, the alert will have a default severity set to minor (P3).
- Under Name the alert policy, in the Alert policy name field, enter a name for the policy.
- Click CREATE POLICY.
A metric-based alert policy is created.