Manually create an Incident Response incident
Create an incident if you think an issue poses a serious risk and should be taken care of as soon as possible.
Before you begin
Role required: Responder, Manager, or Administrator
About this task
Only the Short Description field is required.
- Log in to Lightstep Incident Response.
- On the left navigation pane, select Incidents.
- Select Create new incident.
Fill in the fields on the pop-up form, as appropriate.
Table 1. Field mapping Field Description Short Description Add abbreviated description of the incident. Description Add full description of the incident. Service Select a service associated with the incident. Priority Select the priority for the incident. Choices are:
- P1 - Critical
- P2 - High
- P3 - Moderate
- P4 - Low
- P5 - Informational (default)
Assigned team Select a team to work on the incident. State Choose a state for the incident. Choices are:
- Open (default)
- Work in progress
See Incident Response incident states for more information.
Assigned to Assign an individual to work on the incident. Opened by You.
The incident is created and the new form displayed.
Add any Supporting teams to the incident if desired.
If a primary on-call responder for that team is present, they are added to the Responder list in the Collaboration panel.
- Add any comments or work notes in the Compose panel.
- Add an attachment related to the incident in the Attachments panel. using the Browse button.
- Start or join a Zoom meeting or Slack channel in the Collaboration panel..
- Add any additional Responders or Stakeholders using the add icon .
The incident appears with comments, work notes, and incident activity captured in the Incident timeline stream. For more information on incident fields, see Incident workspace.