Connect to your ServiceNow instance
Connect to your ServiceNow enterprise instance to communicate with Incident Response.
Before you begin
The Lightstep Team Bridge application must be installed on your ServiceNow enterprise instance.
Role required: Responder, Manager, or Administrator
- Log in to Lightstep Incident Response.
- From the navigation pane, select Integrations.
Click the ServiceNow integration card.
On the ServiceNow integration page, enter the
This service is considered as the default service and assigned to incidents shared from your ServiceNow instance if a correlated service is not available in Incident Response.
- Enter your enterprise ServiceNow instance URL.
When the instance is successfully verified, the Authorize button becomes available to you.
On the ServiceNow login page, enter your ServiceNow instance user name and password.
The connection catalog request will be sent in the name of this user.
- Click Log in.
On the connection verification page, click Allow and
close the Authentication Success window.
In the Reason for Connection field, enter the business
justification for connecting your Lightstep Incident Response application
with your ServiceNow instance.
Note: The user submitting the request will receive an email confirmation and updates, according to the configuration of ServiceNow catalog request approvals on that instance.
A request is created for the connection in the enterprise instance.Note: You can check the status of the request by clicking the request ticket number, which is available on the ServiceNow integration page. Once approved, you can see the ServiceNow integration under Installed Integrations in the Integrations page.
- Import users from your ServiceNow instance. The Import users button becomes available in the Users page when the connection is active.
- Import groups from your ServiceNow instance to create teams.
- Import services from your ServiceNow instance. The Import a service button becomes available in the Services page when the connection is active.
- The Changes tab on services, alerts, and incidents
shows the related change records for the corresponding service. Note:
Change records show the changes impacting the service, which includes details of the change, such as when it occurred, what it affected, and who initiated it.
The Changes tab is empty for uncorrelated services.