Configure a webhook in Zabbix
Configure webhook endpoints so that Zabbix can use the endpoint to communicate with Incident Response.
Before you begin
Ensure you have the super admin role for the Zabbix account.
Role required: Responder, Manager, or Administrator
About this task
The steps and the screenshots used in this topic are for Zabbix 4.4. The interface and procedure may vary for Zabbix 5.4 or any other version.
Log in to the Zabbix console.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click the Media types tab.
To import the downloaded configuration file, click
- In the Import file field, click Choose file, select the downloaded configuration file, and click Open.
A new media file is created.
You now need to configure Incident Response endpoint url.
Click the Incident Response media type record.
In the url field, enter the webhook URL and click
For more information on how to get the webhook URL, see Create a webhook endpoint for Zabbix.Configure the media type for the users.
Click the Users tab.
Click the user record for which you want to configure the media type.
Click the Media tab and click
- In the Send to field, enter the name of the user and click Add.
After you create media types, create hosts that Zabbix needs to monitor. If you already have existing hosts you can skip the following steps.
Click the Configuration tab and then click the
- Click Create host.
- On the Hosts page, fill in the fields.
Table 1. Field Description Name Name for the host. Templates Link to existing templates to the host. All entities such as items, triggers, graphs and applications, are inherited from the template. DNS Host DNS name. IP Host IP address. Port TCP/UDP port number for the host. Monitored by The host can be monitored either by a Zabbix server or by one of Zabbix proxies. Choices are as follows:
- (no proxy): host is monitored by Zabbix server
- Proxy name: host is monitored by Zabbix proxy “Proxy name”
Tags Host-level tags. All problems of this host are tagged with the values entered in this field.
- Click Apply.
- Click the Configuration tab and then click the Actions tab.
- Click Create action.
In the Actions page, under the Action tab, perform the
following actions and click Update:
- Name: Enter the name of the action.
- New condition: Enter the condition and click Add.
- Enabled: Select the check box to make the conditions active.