Configure webhook in Signoz
Configure webhook endpoint in Signoz so that Incident Response can communicate with Signoz using the endpoint.
Before you begin
Role required: Responder, Manager, or Administrator
About this task
- Open the Signoz console.
- On the left navigation pane, click Settings.
Click the Alert Channels tab and then click +
New Alert Channel.
On the New Notification Channels page, perform the following actions:
- In the Name field, enter the name of the notification channel.
- In the Type field, select Webhook.
- In the Webhook URL field, enter the webhook generated in Incident Response. For more information on webhook generation, see Create a webhook endpoint for Signoz.
- To test whether alerts are successfully sent to the notification channel, click Test.
- Once the test is successful, click Save.
- On the left navigation pane, click Alerts.
Under the Alert Rules tab, click + New
The Create New Alert page appears.
Configure the alert rule as required.
For example, you can add the following labels: metricName, metricType, node, and resource so that it appears in the alert generated in LIR.Note: If you add any labels other than the above mentioned ones, those labels will not appear in the alert generated in LIR.
You can also modify the severity for the alert. The severity values can be critical, major, minor, warning, or info. To know more about severity, see Severity and state mappings for Signoz.
The new alert rule is created.
When alert conditions are met in Signoz, alerts are created in Incident Response.