Configure webhook endpoints in Nagios
Configure a webhook endpoints so that Nagios can use the endpoint to send services and host notifications to Incident Response.
Before you begin
Ensure you have installed Nagios. For information on how to install Nagios, see https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagioscore/docs/nagioscore/4/en/quickstart.html.
Role required: Responder, Manager, or Administrator
About this task
- Log in to the console where you have installed Nagios.
- Click to open the Nagios server.
- Open the command line interface.
To define the service and the host notifications:
- Open commands.cfg or the relevant commands configuration file in your system.
- Copy and paste the host and service command definitions from the Script tab in Incident Response.
To define the contact:
- Open contacts.cfg or the relevant contact file and paste the contact definition from the Script tab in Incident Response.
- Update the contact_name value to the required Nagios contact groups.
- After you define a contact, specify the contact name in the specific service or host definitions. You can also add the contact in a contact group definition in the contacts.cfg file or the relevant contact file. When a specific service or host has any issue, the contact gets notified.
- Verify the configuration and restart the Nagios server.
To check notifications in the Nagios console, perform the following
- Log in to the Nagios console.
- From the navigation pane, click .