Configure a webhook in Grafana v8.x
Configure webhook endpoints so that Grafana can use the endpoint to communicate with Incident Response.
Before you begin
Ensure you have created an account in Grafana.
Role required: Responder, Manager, or Administrator
About this task
Log in to the Grafana console.
On the navigation pane, click the bell icon () and then click
Under the Contact points section, click + New contact
The Create contact point section appears.
On the form, fill in the fields.
Field Description Name Name for the contact point. Contact point type Select the type as Webhook. Url Webhook URL copied from Incident Response. Optional Webhook settings Http Method Select POST. Notification settings Options to manage your notifications.
- Click Test to verify whether a connection is being established between Grafana and Incident Response, to send events. This doesn't create an alert in Incident Response.
- Click Save contact point.
What to do next
- In the left pane, click the dashboard icon () and under the Browse tab, select the dashboard.
- Select a panel and click Edit open the panel editor.
- Click the Alert tab.
- Click Create alert rule from this panel.
The Create alert rule form appears.
- Under the Set a query and alert condition section, add alert conditions and then select the required alert condition.
- Under the Alert evaluation behavior section, add the alert evaluation interval.
- Under the Add details for your alert section, in the
Group field, specify a pre-defined group.
Rules within a group are run sequentially at a regular interval, with the same evaluation time.
- Under the Notifications section, in the Custom Labels, add severity and its
value. For more information on severity, see Severity and state mappings for Grafana v8.x.
- Click Save.
- On the navigation pane, click the bell icon () and then click .
- Choose any of the following ways to specify your contact point for the
Notification policies Steps Root policy - default for all alerts
- Click Edit.
- In the Default contact point field, select the contact point that you have created.
- Click Save.
- Click + New specific policy.
- Enter the matching labels that you have entered in the Notification section of the alert rule.
- In the Contact point field, select the contact point.
- Click Save policy.