Complete onboarding tasks
The Onboarding guide takes you through the Incident Response feature experience to ensure you're set up for success. It lists the tasks you complete to get started with Incident Response.
Before you begin
Role required: Responder, Manager, or Administrator
About this task
Start with the Add people and create teams panel. Click
You are taken to the On-Call Teams page. Click Create team and follow the prompts. For detailed instructions on setting up teams, see Create your team and add users to the team.Note:
This step is marked as complete when you're part of at least one team.
In the Complete your profile and generate a sample alert
panel, click Let's go.
- In the Complete your profile information and send a sample alert dialog
box, add your contact methods and click
Continue.Note: You need to add at least one phone number.
- Select the service for which you want alerts generated.Note: To make the onboarding process easier, a service is created for you during sign-up, and is selected by default. The name of the service is <subdomain> default service. You can modify the details of the service anytime.
- Select your on-call team from the list.
- Click Generate sample alert to receive a sample
alert.Note: To generate a sample alert, you need a service, a team, and an on-call schedule with an escalation policy for the team. If you haven't created a team or set up an on-call schedule with an escalation policy, you will be prompted to do so before the alert is generated.
Only users who have signed up can generate sample alerts. Invited users who haven't signed up can only save the profile information.
- In the Complete your profile information and send a sample alert dialog box, add your contact methods and click Continue.
In the Connect your monitoring integrations panel, click
You are taken to the Services page. Add an integration with a monitoring tool to your service.
- The default service created for you during sign-up is available under the All activated services tab.
- If you want to create a new service, click Add service and follow the prompts. For detailed instructions on adding a service, see Create a service.
- For instructions on adding an integration to your service, see Add integrations to your existing service.
This step is marked as complete after you set up an integration with a monitoring tool. If you do not find the required integration, use the Generic webhook integration with Incident Response.
In the Integrate your collaboration tools panel, click
You are taken to the Integrations page with the collaboration integrations filtered. For information on integrating with collaboration tools, see Integrations in Incident Response. From there you can find detailed information on specific integrations or follow the prompts after selecting an integration.Note: This step is marked as complete after you set up an integration with a collaboration tool. If you do not find the required integration, use the Generic webhook integration with Incident Response.
Congratulations! You have crossed the initial milestones.
Once you're done, you can close the guide by clicking Close onboarding guide from your Progress panel, or minimize it. Closing returns it to the Resource Center in the Help panel (). Minimizing leaves it available on your homepage.