The alert workspace contains various areas containing alert details and possible actions.
The base state of an alert in a configured system is open and unacknowledged, with the team assigned automatically. Only an acknowledged alert can be promoted to an incident.
For information on Response rules which can automate some aspects of an alert, see Incident Response Automation.
- Acknowledging the alert.
- Performing actions, such as or Unacknowledge, Reassign, or Assign team. See the related topics for more information on those activities.
- Closing the alert record.
- Saving the alert record. Save becomes available once you have made a change.
This section contains four content panels: Alert, Compose, Activity, and Attachments
|Service||Imported service associated with the alert, if available. You can edit this
field from a list menu.
Note: When you set a service, and that service has an assigned team, the assigned team of that service is automatically assigned to the incident.
|Priority||Imported priority on the alert. You can edit this field.
|Assigned team||Team of the alert assignee.|
|Status||Alert state. See Incident Response alert states for more information.|
|Assigned to||Individual assigned to the alert. This assignee can be the person who acknowledged it or the one reassigned to it.|
|Parent alert||The alert this alert is related to, if it is a related alert.|
|Incident||Incident identifier if there is one. You can select one from a list menu.|
|Source||Imported source of the alert.|
|Resource||Imported node resource (process or service) associated with the alert.|
|Node||Imported name of the node (FQDN, IP or MAC address) associated with the alert.|
|Metric name||Imported name of the metric associated with the alert.|
|Message key||Identifier for multiple events related to the same alert.
Note: If this value is empty on import, then it is generated from the Source, Node, Type, Resource, and Metric Name field values.
|Additional information||Imported request payload that generated the alert.|
This tab contains any alerts associated with this alert.Each record contains the following fields: (You can filter and refresh the list.)
|Number & Description||Related alert identifier and short description.|
|Service||Service related to the related alert.|
|Priority||Priority of the related alert.|
|Status||Related alert state.|
Whether the alert has been acknowledged or not. Values are true or false.
Clicking the Acknowledged state opens the related alert.
|Team||Assigned team for the related alert.|
|Assigned to||Responder assigned to the related alert.|
|Source||Source of the related alert.|
|Name & Description||ID and short description of the response rule that ran on this alert.|
|Action||Action icon that the alert rule specified.|
|Status||Icon shows whether the action executed successfully or not.|
|Log Message||Error messages. Empty if the action succeeded.|
|Execution date & time||Date and time the action was taken.|
Work notes: Add work notes and Post work notes (Private) to the Incident timeline. Visible to responders and above.
The Attachments panel is hidden until you click the attachment icon.
On the Attachments panel, you can initially Browse your local hard drive for files.
- Search for an attachment based on its name or extensionNote: You must have two or more attachments to search.
- Upload a new attachment using the () icon
- Download an existing attachment using the More actions icon () to the right of the attachment.
- Remove an existing attachment using the More actions icon to the right of the attachment.
- Rename an existing attachment using the More actions icon to the right of the attachment.
Displays available Zoom meeting or Slack channel to start or join.
- Click Start Zoom.
- A meeting pop-up appears.
- Add participants.
- Click Create Meeting.
- The meeting is created, invitations are sent, and you join the meeting.
- Click Join Meeting
- Sign in to your Zoom account.
- You join the Zoom meeting.
- Click Start Slack.
- Add participants in the Create a Slack channel pop-up.
- Click Create. You are redirected to the Slack application.
- Back in the Collaboration column, the Join Slack button is activated.
- Click Join Channel in the Slack application window.
- Sign into your Slack account.
You are taken to the Slack channel.
- Sign into your Slack account.
Add responders from the list menu and click the Add icon.