Create a service
Create a service and add monitoring integration tools to the service to receive events from those tools.
Before you begin
Role required: Responder, Manager, or Administrator
- Log in to Incident Response.
On the navigation pane, click Services.
Click Add a service.
The Service details form appears.
On the form, fill in the fields.
Field Description Name Name of the service. Service owner Person who owns the service.If you want to invite a new user as a service owner, perform the following actions:
- Click + Invite.
- In the Email field, enter
the email address of the user whom you want to
invite as service owner. Press Enter or click the
plus icon ().Note: By default, the Responder role is added to the invited user.
- Click Send.
An email invitation is sent to the user.
Service URL The URL to communicate with the service.Note: The URL must be entered in the https://<url-name>.com or http://<url-name>.com format. Description Brief summary on the functionalities of the service.Note: The character limit for the field is 200. On-call team Primary team that is responsible for the service.Note: The list displays only the teams whose setup is complete. Tags Tags that help you do faster searches for your service. Helpful links Links to various resources that can assist you to access other tools for the service to help you troubleshoot faster. To add one or more links, perform the following actions:
- Click +Add link.
- Name: Enter the name of the resource.
- URL: Enter the link of the site.
- Click + Invite.
The Integrations page appears.
If you do not want to add any integration to this service, click
A new service is created.
If you want to add an integration to this service, perform the following
- Click Add integration.The Select an integration page appears displaying all the available monitoring integrations.
- Select the integration you want to add to your service.The integration details page appears where you can generate a webhook for the integration.Note: You can add multiple integrations for a specific service.
- Generate webhook for the integration by following the steps given for
that integration at Built-in integrations.The integrations appear on the Integrations page.
- Click Done.
A new service is created with the added integrations. The new service is displayed under the My teams services tab if the service is associated with a team you are a member of. Regardless, the service is always listed under All services.
- Click Add integration.