Activate or deactivate a user
Activate or deactivate a user when required, like when a user changes teams in your organization.
Before you begin
Role required: Administrator
About this task
You can deactivate a user, but you can’t deactivate them outright. You’re prevented from deactivating a user if the user is in the following situations:
- is a part of any team
- is the service owner of any service
- is a part of any escalation level or response rule
- has any open alerts assigned to them or they are in the responder list for any alert
- has any open incidents assigned to them or they are in the responder list for any incident
Note: An administrator can deactivate the account of another user but cannot deactivate their own account.
- Log in to Incident Response.
On the navigation pane, click Users.
On the content area, click the user card of the user whose account you want to
You are directed to the profile page of the user.
Click the Settings tab.
In the Other settings section, click Edit.
To activate or deactivate a user, enable or disable the
Active field using the slider ( ).
- Purple indicates that the field is enabled.
- The Locked out field appears only to an administrator. To restrict a user from logging in to Incident Response, enable the Locked out field. Multiple failed attempts to log in to Incident Response can also result in the lock out of the account. In that scenario, you can provide access to the user by enabling the Locked out field.
Deactivated users are filtered out from the list of users. Deactivating a user prevents access but preserves all historical activity and records.