See why Plaid chose Lightstep over Zipkin and JaegerLearn more
Trusted by top-performing teams
How is Lightstep’s
distributed tracing different?
- Easy to set up and use, no matter how complex your system
- Ingests 100% of unsampled event data, rather than head or tail-based sampling
- Unlimited cardinality, unlimited hosts, unlimited data without additional costs
- Instant insights pinpoint exactly what causes latency, errors, or issues across your stack
- More context. Automatically surface the relevant logs and metrics for incident resolution.
Complete system visibility
Give your team end-to-end visibility across your stack — any app, any service, any cloud. Move seamlessly from a high-level view of dependencies to specific services, operations, traces, or any other signals contributing to issues in production.
Full context problem-solving
Find the cause for every effect, across any number of service boundaries. Lightstep surfaces root causes in seconds, providing the exact logs, metrics, and traces needed to simplify and solve even the most complex investigations.
Scale and investigate without worrying about the bill
Lightstep analyzes 100% of your event data — at no additional cost. That means no surprise charges, no overages, and nothing holding you back from analyzing any number of applications, hosts or gb of data.
Distributed Tracing — from the team that created distributed tracing
Our leadership team helped build Google’s tracing and metrics technology, and co-created open source projects like OpenTracing and OpenTelemetry. Their experiences help guide our understanding of the benefits, risks, and pitfalls of monitoring complex environments.
Built on open source
Automatic instrumentation for popular programming languages lets you go from installation to insights in a matter of minutes – virtually no code changes required and no vendor lock-in.