Effective: August 15, 2021
Lightstep, Inc., a subsidiary of ServiceNow, Inc., ("Lightstep" or "Company") respects the privacy of visitors to its website. The Company Cookies Policy (the "Policy") applies to the Company website and describes the information we collect by automated means through the use of information gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons.
Based on what function cookies have and the purpose for which cookies are used, there are four basic categories of cookies: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, and marketing cookies. Lightstep uses Strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies. Examples of these cookies are given below:
1. Strictly necessary cookies. Strictly necessary cookies, such as Critical Cookies, are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, some services cannot be provided – for example, remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text and vehicle configurations) when navigating back to a page in the same session.
2. Performance cookies. Performance cookies gather information about how a website is used – for example, which pages a visitor opens most often, and whether the user receives error messages from some pages. These cookies do not save information that would allow the user to be identified. The collected information is aggregated, and therefore anonymous. These cookies are used exclusively to improve the performance of the website, and with it the user experience.
3. Functional cookies. Functional cookies enable a website to save information which has already been entered (such as user names, languages choices, and your location), so that it can offer you improved and more personalized functions. For example, a website can offer you local, price-relevant information if it uses a cookie to remember the region in which you are currently located. Functional cookies are also used to enable features you request such as playing videos. These cookies collect anonymous information and cannot track your movements on other websites.
4. Miscellaneous cookies (e.g., Advertising, Surveys, Social Sharing). Miscellaneous cookies such as advertising, surveys, and social media cookies, are used to deliver advertisements and other communications more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember whether you have visited a website or not, and this information can be shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Cookies for improving group targeting and advertising will often be linked to site functionality provided by other organizations.
Cookies and other ad technology such as beacons, pixels, and tags help us market more effectively to users that we and our partners believe may be interested in our Company. They also help provide us with aggregated auditing, research, and reporting, and help us know when content has been shown to you.
Your browser may offer you a "Do Not Track" option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our services do not support DO Not Track requests at this time, which means that we collect information about your online activity both while you are using the services and after you leave the services.
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies. Information on changing your browser settings to opt out of Cookies can be found in your browser settings. You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: http://help.apple.com/safari/mac/8.0/#/sfri11471
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
The following websites provide choices to opt-out of tracking through certain third-party advertising Cookies:
- Visit the Digital Advertising Alliance's or Network Advertising Initiative's opt-out page.
- For users in the UK or France, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
- For users in Canada, please visit http://youradchoices.ca/
- Click here to opt out of targeted ads on Facebook.
- Click here to opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or to customize Google Display Network ads.
You can opt out of data collection or use by the following analytics providers by clicking the following links:
- Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on)
- Kissmetrics: https://kissmetrics.com/user-privacy
- Mixpanel: https://mixpanel.com/optout
- Nielsen: https://priv-policy.imrworldwide.com/priv/browser/us/en/optout.html
- Omniture (Adobe): http://www.d1.sc.omtrdc.net/optout.html
- WebTrends: https://ondemand.webtrends.com/support/optout.asp
To ask questions or comment about our information practices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us at:
__ServiceNow, Inc __ Attn: Legal 2225 Lawson Lane Santa Clara, CA 95054 United States
ServiceNow Nederland B.V. Attn: Legal Hoekenrode 3 1102 BR Amsterdam Netherlands