LightStep provides the most advanced firefighting, performance analysis, and root-cause analysis technology available to organizations today. And we’re growing our talented, low-ego, team! We believe that we should always align our actions toward a common purpose, that trust is paramount and must be cultivated, that the most valuable team members multiply rather than add, and that we shouldn’t take ourselves too seriously (except when we’re writing way-too-long sentences about our values). We believe that assembling and retaining an inclusive and diverse team is the best way to grow a successful company.
LightStep is looking for a Product Marketing Associate (Rockstar) to help accelerate LightStep’s market knowledge, positioning, messaging and internal processes. We are seeking people who enjoy working closely with customers, pairing across teams (product management especially), are exceptional at balancing technical expertise with actionable, easy-to-understand messaging and strategy and who are looking to be one of the first on a Product Marketing team to help scale LightStep’s Product Marketing best practices!
What you’ll do:
- Develop positioning for end-user and buying personas
- Identify relevant market trends and enable cross-functional teams with competitive information
- Articulate and amplify company strategy, brand and value proposition, along with company culture and attitudes
- Own product release process for subset of features end-to-end
- Enable company go-to-market strategy
- Pair with product management closely to articulate product feature positioning
- Share and implement best practices at scale
You would be a great addition if….
- You’re able to clearly take complex, deep technical issues and convey them effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Have a strong affinity toward analytical thinking that lends itself to efficient segmentation and targeting
- Build strong cross-functional relationships across and have empathy for product, sales, marketing, engineering, and customer success
- Understand how product positioning and clearly articulated roadmap can be leveraged to accelerate marketing programs, brand awareness, sales efficacy
- Possess a customer centered point of view for all things related to marketing effort
- Excellent writing, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Passion for serving and understanding developers
- Basic understanding of developer habits, behaviors and tooling
Bonus points if …
- You have a history of reaching developer audiences with clear and concise messaging
- Stay current with the latest developer trends including microservices architectures, observability tooling, and Application Performance Monitoring
- Have architected and deployed a successful ABM program across sales, marketing, and inside sales
- An aptitude for storytelling
LightStep is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
San Francisco, California, United States