OpenTelemetry Project News
- OpenTelemetry is the reference implementation for the W3C Trace Context specification, which has just moved on to the next maturity level. With the goal of standardizing distributed tracing context propagation between services, this is a great step towards minimizing adoption hurdles for vendors, platforms, and languages considering OpenTelemetry.
Awesome Articles, Resources, and Links
- LightStep Adopts W3C Trace Context (blog) by Austin Parker
- W3C Trace Context (specification). Read into the spec article for a more detailed look at implementing Trace Context across your distributed system.
- OpenTelemetry Playlist from KubeCon NA ‘19 (video playlist) including the keynote speech from Sarah Novotny and Liz Fong-Jones, as well as talks from Morgan McLean, Tristan Sloughter, Chris Kleinknecht, Sergey Kanzhelev, and Rob Skillington
- Getting Started with OpenTelemetry Alphas: Python (blog) by Alex Boten
Upcoming Conferences, Talks, and Live Events
- Stay tuned to the OpenTelemetry Twitch channel for the weekly show ‘OTel Tuesdays’ and event-specific livestreams.
Want to Contribute?
- How to Start Contributing to OpenTelemetry (blog) by Austin Parker
- Join the community on GitHub and the conversation on Gitter