Four new members have been added to the OpenTelemetry Governance Committee this week, so be sure to give those folks a warm welcome!
OpenTelemetry Project News
- Congratulations to the four new Governance Committee members elected last week: Constance Caramanolis (Splunk), Liz Fong-Jones (Honeycomb), Morgan James McLean (Google), and Ted Young (LightStep). Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote!
- Want to contribute? Get started with one of these issues from opentelemetry-go:
Awesome Articles, Resources, and Links
- Welcoming New OpenTelemetry Governance Committee Members (blog) by Sergey Kanzhelev
- OpenTelemetry 101: What is an Exporter? (blog) by Austin Parker
- Understanding Tracer Performance with LightStep Benchmarks (blog) by Isaac Zinda and Austin Parker
- How to Start Contributing to OpenTelemetry (blog) from OpenTelemetry on Medium
Upcoming Conferences, Talks, and Live Events
- [Nov 5] Observing and understanding distributed systems with OpenTelemetry – Liz Fong-Jones and Yoshi Yamaguchi, O’Reilly Velocity Conference in Berlin
- [Nov 14] Observing and Understanding Distributed Systems with OpenTelemetry — Christine Yen and Austin Parker, QCon San Francisco
- [Nov 14] The next W3C Distributed Tracing Working Group workshop will be held in Seattle, WA.
- [Nov 18] If you’re headed to KubeCon + CloudNativeCon this November, be sure to check out the Observability Practitioners Summit on Day Zero – passes can be added when you register for KubeCon or by logging into your existing registration profile
- [Nov 20] Application Observability for DevSecOps – Sabree Blackmon
- [Dec 5] Cultivating Production Excellence – Liz Fong-Jones at Yow! 2019 Sydney