OTel Me More: OpenTelemetry Project News – Vol 7
by Isobel Redelmeier
Four new members have been added to the OpenTelemetry Governance Committee this week, so be sure to give those folks a warm welcome!
OpenTelemetry Project News
- Congratulations to the four new Governance Committee members elected last week: Constance Caramanolis (Splunk), Liz Fong-Jones (Honeycomb), Morgan James McLean (Google), and Ted Young (Lightstep). Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote!
Want to contribute? Get started with one of these issues from opentelemetry-go:
Awesome Articles, Resources, and Links
- Welcoming New OpenTelemetry Governance Committee Members (blog) by Sergey Kanzhelev
- OpenTelemetry 101: What is an Exporter? (blog) by Austin Parker
- Understanding Tracer Performance with Lightstep Benchmarks (blog) by Isaac Zinda and Austin Parker
- How to Start Contributing to OpenTelemetry (blog) from OpenTelemetry on Medium
Upcoming Conferences, Talks, and Live Events
- [Nov 5] Observing and understanding distributed systems with OpenTelemetry – Liz Fong-Jones and Yoshi Yamaguchi, O’Reilly Velocity Conference in Berlin
- [Nov 14] Observing and Understanding Distributed Systems with OpenTelemetry — Christine Yen and Austin Parker, QCon San Francisco
- [Nov 14] The next W3C Distributed Tracing Working Group workshop will be held in Seattle, WA.
- [Nov 18] If you’re headed to KubeCon + CloudNativeCon this November, be sure to check out the Observability Practitioners Summit on Day Zero – passes can be added when you register for KubeCon or by logging into your existing registration profile
- [Nov 20] Application Observability for DevSecOps – Sabree Blackmon
- [Dec 5] Cultivating Production Excellence – Liz Fong-Jones at Yow! 2019 Sydney