OTel Me More: OpenTelemetry Project News – Vol 30
by Eric O'Rear
🎉 The OpenTelemetry Collector has reached beta! 🎉
This v0.4.0 release features a new
hostmetrics receiver, as well as
filter metrics processors. Check the release notes for more details on breaking changes and other enhancements.
These OpenTelemetry SIGs are looking for extra support! Open source efforts rely on developers like you -- get involved with one of these implementations:
- OTel-Rust is looking for contributors and maintainers
- OTel-PHP is looking for contributors and maintainers
- OTel-C++ is looking for contributors and maintainers
- OTel-Ruby has seen a lot of contributions, but would benefit from having more dedicated maintainers
This week’s Featured Issues:
- OpenTelemetry-Ruby #253: aws-sdk instrumentation adapter
- OpenTelemetry-Ruby #257: MongoDB Instrumentation Adapter
- Diagnostics and Instrumentation Packages for MongoDB and NServiceBus Published (blog) by Jimmy Bogard
- Hugo + OpenTelemetry - How fast is my site? Part 1 (blog/video) by Austin Parker
- Austin Parker is hosting office hours, and so is Governance Committee member Liz Fong-Jones –– sign up for one of their sessions if you have OpenTelemetry or observability questions!
- Register for How to include Opentelemetry as part of your observability strategy, a webinar with three event times across June 30th and July 2nd
- KubeCon is officially going virtual, with dates announced for August 17-20th of this year
- Stay tuned to the OpenTelemetry Twitch channel for the weekly show ‘OpenTelemetry Tuesdays’, as well as event-specific live streams
- OTel Me More has a Gitter! Drop in and say hi. It’s the best place to reach me if you there are any OpenTelemetry events, articles or other OTel resources that you think the community should know about
- How to Start Contributing to OpenTelemetry (blog) by Austin Parker
- OpenTelemetry is an open source project with implementations in many different languages, so whether you prefer to work with Python, Go, Java, or Node (among others), find an issue and get started!
- Join the community on GitHub and the conversation on Gitter
Interested in joining our team? See our open positions here.