OTel Me More: OpenTelemetry Project News – Vol 15
by Eric O'Rear
- Want to improve observability in iOS? There is now a Swift implementation of OpenTelemetry! This repository is looking for active maintainers and reviewers
- OpenTelemetry Python v0.4 is now available! The v0.4 spec includes a fully working metric pipeline with Prometheus exporters, named tracers, and several extensions including dbapi, MySQL, and psycopg2
- OpenTelemetry-Collector #482: Add E2E test for Zipkin format
- OpenTelemetry-Collector #557: Doc: add section about using env vars on config file
- Observe 20/20 Boston FTW!
- Lightstep’s Learning Portal offers resources for OpenTelemetry ranging from Getting Started guides to implementation best practices
- Catch Greg Mefford on Feb 27-28 in Austin, TX
- Lightstep and Honeycomb team up for an OpenTelemetry workshop at QCon London on March 4th
- Kubecon EU. More details to come about the Day Zero OpenTelemetry workshop!
- Join us in Boston, MA on April 6 for Observe 20/20, and make sure to check back for details on an OpenTelemetry workshop during the event
- Stay tuned to the OpenTelemetry Twitch channel for the weekly show ‘OpenTelemetry Tuesdays’ and event-specific livestreams
- How to Start Contributing to OpenTelemetry (blog) by Austin Parker
- OpenTelemetry is an open source project with implementations in many different languages, so whether you prefer to work with Python), find an issue and get started!
- Join the community on GitHub
Interested in joining our team? See our open positions here.