OTel Me More: OpenTelemetry Project News - Vol 14
by Eric O'Rear
- Congratulations to the Distributed Tracing Working Group!
- Morgan McLean wrote a Medium article outlining the beta release plan for OpenTelemetry
- Two new Gitter chats opened up this past week: a sampling working group
- Lightstep’s OpenTelemetry Learning Portal offers resources from Getting Started guides to implementation best practices
- Telemetry and the art of measuring what matters
- Integrating tracing and logging with OpenTelemetry and Stackdriver
- Catch Greg Mefford on Feb 27-28 in Austin, TX
- Lightstep and Honeycomb team up for an OpenTelemetry workshop at QCon London on March 4th
- Kubecon EU kicks off on March 30th. More details to come on a Day Zero OpenTelemetryworkshop!
- Alex Boten will be speaking about auto-instrumentation and OpenTelemetry
- Join us in Boston, MA on April 6 for Observe 2020, and make sure to check back for details on an OpenTelemetry workshop during the event
- Stay tuned to the OpenTelemetry Twitch channel for the weekly show ‘OpenTelemetry Tuesdays’ and event-specific livestreams
- How to Start Contributing to OpenTelemetry (blog) by Austin Parker
- OpenTelemetry is an open source project with implementations in many different languages, so whether you prefer to work with Python), find an issue and get started!
- Join the community on GitHub
Interested in joining our team? See our open positions here.