OpenTelemetry Project News
- A Swift implementation of OpenTelemetry is the newest to join the project! Contribute today to move OpenTelemetry further along in the mobile space.
- There is now a Gitter channel for folks getting started with OpenTelemetry
- Featured Issues:
Awesome Articles, Resources, and Links
- Applications are not easy, tracing is (blog) by Stepan Vrany
- Embracing Context Propagation (blog) by Yuri Shkuro
- Integrating Tracing and Logging with OpenTelemetry and StackDriver (blog) by Yuri Grinshteyn
- Monitoring Go Applications with OpenTelemetry Monitoring Go Applications with OpenTelemetry (video) by Johannes Liebermann
Upcoming Conferences, Talks, and Live Events
- LightStep and Honeycomb team up for an OpenTelemetry workshop at QCon London on March 4th
- Kubecon EU kicks off on March 30th. OpenTelemetry workshop on Day Zero!
- Catch Greg Mefford give his talk “OpenTelemetry: An XKCD 927 Success Story” at LoneStar Elixir on Feb 27-28 in Austin, TX
- Alex Boten will be speaking about auto-instrumentation and OpenTelemetry at Kubecon EU
- Join us in Boston, MA on April 6 for Observe 2020, and make sure to check back for details on an OpenTelemetry workshop during the event
- Stay tuned to the OpenTelemetry Twitch channel for the weekly show ‘OpenTelemetry Tuesdays’ and event-specific livestreams
Want to Contribute?
- How to Start Contributing to OpenTelemetry (blog) by Austin Parker
- OpenTelemetry is an open source project with implementations in many different languages, so whether you prefer to work with Python, Go, Java, or Node (among others) find an issue and get started!
- Join the community on GitHub and the conversation on Gitter