OTel Me More: OpenTelemetry Project News – Vol 12
by Eric O'Rear
- CNCF has finalized talk schedules for KubeCon EU and OpenTelemetry has a great presence. Sergey Kanzhelev wrote an excellent breakdown of the talks
- OpenTelemetry Enhancement Proposal (OTEP) 66 has merged, laying out the details for a new Context Propagation API, with the aim of making this specification a v0.3 feature
- Removal of the Metric Gauge instrument in favor of other instruments is gaining momentum
- OpenTelemetry-JS: Add ForceFlush to span processor #729
- OpenTelemetry-JS: Add cross-browser CI tests of browser plugins #650
- Check out Morgan McLean’s Monthly OpenTelemetry Update for January 2020
- Custom Metrics in Node.js with OpenTelemetry (blog) by Yuri Grinshteyn
- Monitoring Go Applications with OpenTelemetry (presentation) by Johannes Liebermann
- Catch Greg Mefford on Feb 27-28 in Austin, TX
- Lightstep and Honeycomb team up for an OpenTelemetry workshop at QCon London on March 4th
- Kubecon EU kicks off on March 30th. OpenTelemetry workshop on Day Zero!
- Join us in Boston, MA on April 6 for Observe 2020, and make sure to check back for details on an OpenTelemetry workshop during the event
- Stay tuned to the OpenTelemetry Twitch channel for the weekly show ‘OpenTelemetry Tuesdays’ and event-specific livestreams
- How to Start Contributing to OpenTelemetry (blog) by Austin Parker
- OpenTelemetry is an open source project with implementations in many different languages, so whether you prefer to work with Python), find an issue and get started!
- Join the community on GitHub
Interested in joining our team? See our open positions here.