OpenTelemetry Project News
- CNCF has finalized talk schedules for KubeCon EU and OpenTelemetry has a great presence. Sergey Kanzhelev wrote an excellent breakdown of the talks
- OpenTelemetry Enhancement Proposal (OTEP) 66 has merged, laying out the details for a new Context Propagation API, with the aim of making this specification a v0.3 feature
- Removal of the Metric Gauge instrument in favor of other instruments is gaining momentum
- Featured Issues
- OpenTelemetry-JS: Add ForceFlush to span processor #729
- OpenTelemetry-JS: Add cross-browser CI tests of browser plugins #650
Awesome Articles, Resources, and Links
- Check out Morgan McLean’s Monthly OpenTelemetry Update for January 2020
- Custom Metrics in Node.js with OpenTelemetry (blog) by Yuri Grinshteyn
- Monitoring Go Applications with OpenTelemetry (presentation) by Johannes Liebermann
Upcoming Conferences, Talks, and Live Events
- Catch Greg Mefford give his talk “OpenTelemetry: An XKCD 927 Success Story” at LoneStar Elixir on Feb 27-28 in Austin, TX
- LightStep and Honeycomb team up for an OpenTelemetry workshop at QCon London on March 4th
- Kubecon EU kicks off on March 30th. OpenTelemetry workshop on Day Zero!
- Join us in Boston, MA on April 6 for Observe 2020, and make sure to check back for details on an OpenTelemetry workshop during the event
- Stay tuned to the OpenTelemetry Twitch channel for the weekly show ‘OpenTelemetry Tuesdays’ and event-specific livestreams
Want to Contribute?
- How to Start Contributing to OpenTelemetry (blog) by Austin Parker
- OpenTelemetry is an open source project with implementations in many different languages, so whether you prefer to work with Python, Go, Java, or Node (among others), find an issue and get started!
- Join the community on GitHub and the conversation on Gitter