OpenTelemetry Project News
- Dynatrace formally announced that they are collaborating on the OpenTelemetry project in a press release this week
- OpenTelemetry’s Go implementation is now on v0.2.1
- The OpenTelemetry PHP SIG is one of the newer teams and is looking for contributors!
- Featured Issues
- OpenTelemetry-PHP: Alpha 0.2 Metrics Requirement - API #15
- OpenTelemetry-PHP: Alpha 0.2 Context Propagation Requirement - SDK #06
Awesome Articles, Resources, and Links
- OpenTelemetry: Beyond Getting Started (blog) by Sergey Kanzhelev
- Distributed Tracing with OpenTelemetry in Go (blog) by Yuri Grinshteyn
- Your System is Deeper than You Think (blog) by Austin Parker
Upcoming Conferences, Talks, and Live Events
- Join us in Boston, MA on April 6 for Observe 2020, and make sure to check back for details on an OpenTelemetry workshop during the event.
- Stay tuned to the OpenTelemetry Twitch channel for the weekly show ‘OpenTelemetry Tuesdays’ and event-specific livestreams.
Want to Contribute?
- How to Start Contributing to OpenTelemetry (blog) by Austin Parker
- OpenTelemetry is an open source project with implementations in many different languages, so whether you prefer to work with Python, Go, Java, or Node (among others), find an issue and get started!
- Join the community on GitHub and the conversation on Gitter