OTel Me More: OpenTelemetry Project News – Vol 10
by Eric O'Rear
- With the beta release expected later this year, 2020 has a lot in store for the OpenTelemetry project!
- OpenTelemetry is the reference implementation for the W3C Trace Context specification, which has just moved on to the next maturity level. With the goal of standardizing distributed tracing context propagation between services, this is a great step towards minimizing adoption hurdles for vendors, platforms, and languages considering OpenTelemetry.
- OpenTelemetry’s March Towards Beta (blog) by Morgan McLean
- The Year Bee-Hind Us (blog) by Rachel Perkins
- Lightstep Adopts W3C Trace Context (blog) by Austin Parker
- W3C Trace Context (specification). Read into the spec article for a more detailed look at implementing Trace Context across your distributed system.
- OpenTelemetry Playlist from KubeCon NA ‘19 (video playlist) including the keynote speech from Sarah Novotny and Liz Fong-Jones, as well as talks from Morgan McLean, Tristan Sloughter, Chris Kleinknecht, Sergey Kanzhelev, and Rob Skillington
- Stay tuned to the OpenTelemetry Twitch channel for the weekly show ‘OTel Tuesdays’ and event-specific livestreams.