OpenTelemetry Project News
- Project contributors have been hard at work on the OpenTelemetry cross-language specification, with less than a month remaining until several upcoming launches:
- As of September 1, an initial working version of compatibility between OpenTelemetry and the OpenTracing/OpenCensus projects is available.
- The Tracing API also saw an Alpha release on September 1; feedback on further design and development is much appreciated!
- With Tracing now in Alpha, the Metrics and Context APIs are targeted for a September 15th Alpha release.
- New contributors are always welcome! Check out the Contributor Guide to get started.
Awesome Articles, Resources, and Links
- Notes from Observability Roundtables: Capabilities deep-dive by Peter Tuhtan
- A Brief History of the Span: Hard to Love, Hard to Kill by Ben Sigelman
- If you’re headed to KubeCon + CloudNativeCon this November, be sure to check out the Observability Practitioners Summit on Day Zero; passes can be added when you register for KubeCon or by logging into your existing registration profile
- Tune in to OpenTelemetry Tuesdays on Twitch each week starting at 10am PT, co-hosted by me and Liz Fong-Jones