LightStep-PagerDuty Integration Guide
Start in LightStep
1) Navigate to the Project Settings page by clicking on the [Project Settings] link in the top navbar.
2) Click the [Alert with PagerDuty] button to start the integration/authorization flow.
3) You will be redirected to PagerDuty. Enter your PagerDuty credentials as you normally would, and click [Authorize Integration] or sign in using SSO.
4) If this is your first time integrating with LightStep, you will be asked to create a new Service for LightStep incidents. You can keep the default (LightStep) or choose a new name. Select the Escalation Policy you want to use for LightStep alerts. You can change this later in the Service Configuration section of PagerDuty. Click [Finish Integration].
5) You will be redirected back to LightStep, and your PagerDuty integration will be activated. Click [Trigger Test Alert] to have LightStep trigger a test incident in PagerDuty. (Be sure to resolve the incident once you check it!) You can always [Update] the authorization or [Remove] the integration from the Project Settings page.
6) If you click the [Operations] link in the top navbar, you will return to the Operations page. From here you can turn on alerts for any tracked operation using the Alerts toggle switch in that row. As long as the PagerDuty integration is active, all new alerts will trigger, update and resolve incidents in PagerDuty.